February 27, 2011

My Freshman for 2011

XXL Magazine recently released their annual list for the Freshmen of 2011. For those who are not familiar, XXL releases an issue in which they feature who they believe are the top newcomers to the game. This is the fourth year they're doing it. 2008 produced one of my favorite rappers (Lupe Fisco, but I'm not sure why he was on the 2008 list when he already had two great albums out), but other than that, the rest are kind of a let down. 2009 (minus Ace Hood and Charles Hamilton) is a pretty solid list. I just wish Blu got more exposure. 2010 produced a very strong lineup (minus Oj da Juiceman) as well, highlighted by two of my favorite MCs out right now, J. Cole and Fashawn

So this post is who I would include, if I was XXL, in their 10 Freshman for 2011. Hit the jump for the list.

In no particular order, my Freshmen are:

Kendrick Lamar
Go to track: Heaven & Hell (feat. Alori Joh)





Big K.R.I.T.
Go to track: Good Enough



XV
Go to track: Smallville (Prod. by J. Cole)



Mac Miller
Go to track: Don't Mind If I Do



Tiron
Go to track: Down



Chiddy Bang
Go to track: Bad Boy (feat, Darwin Deez)



The Illz
Go to track: Turpentine Weed


Outasight
Go to track: Never Say Never



Yelawolf
Go to track: Pop the Trunk



Oddfuture
Go to track: Orange Juice

No comments:

Post a Comment