February 27, 2011

Hip Hop out of NYU

This post is going to be pretty pointless. If you know me, you know that I have a lot of pride. Even though I don't have many marked accomplishments myself, I will be the first person to boast the merits of someone who I know, or even don't know, but still feel a sense of connection to. For example, Swizz Beatz is a producer-in-residence at NYU. Does it affect me at all? No, but I still feel a sense of pride in that fact. Also, Rick Rubin founded Def Jam while at NYU.

Everyone enjoys listening to good music. So the proceeding songs are a sampling of some of the work that NYU students and alums have made. Enjoy. 

Childish Gambino- Freaks and Geeks (If you're thinking that you have seen him before, you're right. This is Donald Glover



Mickey Factz- Paradise (Dropped out of NYU to pursue rap career)










Nyle- Let the Beat Build


Alchemist- Lose Your Life


NEM Diddit- Bottom to the Top (Current Student)
 





Black Star- Definition (My second favorite rap duo of all time, behind Outkast)
 





Mos Def feat. Talib Kweli- History (So good that they deserve two songs here. This song, however, is off one of Mos Def's solo albums)

No comments:

Post a Comment